Shortbread is one of those simple yet delicious cookies that takes no time to whip up and stores for days! If you are looking for that perfect mix of versatile and yummy - shortbread is your cookie! Our Rose London Fog recipe is vegan but still delivers that buttery, crisp punch you crave from shortbread, while tasting sophisticated and elevated from rose. This pairs perfectly with a cup of tea and a skyward pinky.
Note: Plan to chill the dough for 30 minutes prior to baking and use the time to whip up a Reishi Hot Cacao. Cacao and rose are two ingredients that help relieve symptoms related to PMS, in other words they work together in more ways than one.
DYK: Shortbread is a centuries old cookie originally baked for Mary, Queen of Scots. If it’s good enough for the queen, it’s good enough for us!
Bonus: Roses are loaded with vitamins A, E and collagen to boost your skin radiance from the inside out. Cookies for glowing skin? Sign us up.
Makes: 24 Shortbread
What you need:
1/2 cup vegan butter, room temp
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp Blume Rose London Fog Blend
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond milk
¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp dried crushed rose petals (optional)
What to do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the room temp vegan butter and powdered sugar until smooth, then add the vanilla, Blume Rose London Fog Blend and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until you form a ball of dough - feel free to use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough out into a 2 inch wide cylinder with flat ends.
- Slice roughly 1/3 inch cookies and place them on a baking sheet.
- Once all cookies are on the sheet, place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just slightly brown.
- Cool completely, frost (if desired) then serve + enjoy!
- Mix the powdered sugar and water together until desired consistency is reached.
- Dip cookies in the frosting covering either ½ or just the surface, whatever you prefer!
- Sprinkle with dried crushed rose petals.
It’s easy to see how Rose measures up as an eternal healing flower, which is why we added it to our new Rose London Fog Blend. Made with rose petal and rosehip powder, our Rose London Fog supports glowing skin, immunity, is antioxidant rich and relieves PMS symptoms. Bonus, ours is decaf, vegan and sugar free!
Shop Rose London Fog