Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Mactella Frosting
These are the BEST pumpkin spice cupcakes to make this fall.
- Simple, natural ingredients
- Moist + soft
- Boosted pumpkin spice flavour using our Pumpkin Spice blend
- Sweetened with brown sugar
- Topped with delicious frosting
- Fun to decorate!
DYK: Pumpkin is high in zinc, iron, fibre, vitamin C and vitamin A!
Prep time: 1 hour. Serving size: 12 muffins.
- 15 ounce canned pumpkin (or fresh)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened (sub in our Milk Blend for an adaptogenic boost)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt (We used Forager Project Cashew Yogurt)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend
Blume Mactella Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting (We used Simple Mills Coconut Chocolate Frosting)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons of Blume Reishi Hot Cacao Blend
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a muffin pan or use paper liners
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, oil, almond milk and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined and smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and spices over the wet mixture
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet gently using a large wooden spoon until just combined. Careful not to over mix!
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, add the Mactella frosting and serve, yum!
Blume Mactella Frosting Instructions:
- Blend the macadamia nuts in food processor until smooth
- Add in the frosting and Blume Reishi Hot Cacao blend and blend until they are well combined, if too thick add in small amounts of melted coconut oil
Shop Pumpkin Spice blend
Say hello to fall's best friend. Finally a pumpkin spice blend with actual pumpkin! Organic pumpkin and maple combine in a warming cup of velvety goodness. Put your feet up, get comfortable and stay awhile. Tastes like grandma's pumpkin pie and works perfectly with a shot of espresso.
Ever since her diagnosis of EOE, an autoimmune disease targeting the esophagus caused by food allergies, Racquel Oranges has been falling in love with making beautiful and vibrant foods that are not only healthy for you but food allergy conscious. Blending her two passions of photography and food together, she brings new and easy recipes that are stunning to eat and can be enjoyed at home. See her creations on IG @raqueloranges!
(IG: @raqueloranges, website: https://raqueloranges.com/)