When fall rolls in, it’s time to break out the pumpkin. And with a simple homemade vegan pumpkin pie recipe at your fingertips, there’s no need to wait until Thanksgiving to indulge.
Did you know, pumpkin not only satisfies our sweet tooth in our favorite latte but is also a superfood with many health benefits? Pumpkin is packed with Vitamin C, which promotes collagen production and immunity, and is high in antioxidants, supporting liver function.
This vegan pumpkin pie recipe is what all of our fall dreams are made of.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Easy Homemade CrustPrep Time: 30 mins (+ 30-60 mins for cooling in the fridge)
Bake Time: 60 mins
Servings: 1 pie
*Optional: Skip this step and opt for a vegan store-bought alternative
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- ½ cup Cold Vegan Butter
(TIP: Make sure this is a firm vegan butter, not margarine. The firmness will directly impact the texture of the pie crust)
- 3-4 tbsp Water (Ice Cold)
- 1/2 package of Soft Tofu (130g)
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Dash of Salt
*If using store-bought, you can skip this section!
- Add flour, sugar, and salt to a food processor and pulse to combine. Chop your vegan butter into cubes and add into the mixture, pulsing for around 15 seconds to form a crumby, meal-like consistency (being careful not to overmix).
TIP: Make sure your butter is ice cold!
- Turn the food processor onto the “low” setting and gradually add in the water until it starts to clump together into a dough.
TIP: Make sure your water is also ice cold!
- Pour the dough onto a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll to ¼ inch thick. (Careful not to warm it too much with your hands!)
- Rolling it around the rolling pin (don’t worry if it cracks a bit, you can fix it after!) transfer to a pie dish and gently lay it down. Use your fingers to adjust and fix the cracks, and once you’re happy with it, cut off the excess around the edges.
- Place in the fridge for 30-60 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a blender and blend on low until smooth, careful not to over mix (this will cause cracking during baking).
- Pour filling into your crust
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-65 mins, until browned on top. It will look wobbly when it comes out of the oven, that’s okay! Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for a minimum of 30 mins before serving.
- Top with some coconut whip, and enjoy!
This vegan pumpkin pie recipe is what all of our fall dreams are made of. Tag @itsblume on the ‘gram to show us how your Pumpkin Pie turned out.
Looking for other ways to utilize your Pumpkin Spice blend outside of a daily PSL? These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes make a perfect kid-friendly dessert.
Finally a pumpkin spice blend with actual pumpkin! Organic pumpkin and maple combined for a warm cut of velvety goodness. Tastes like grandma's pumpkin pie and works perfectly with (or without) a shot of espresso.