The perfect latte companion or mid-day snack. Packed with Vitamin C and high in antioxidants, these vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins are fall fave. TIP: Make two batches and freeze them for a busier time.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Bake Time: 18 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (or Sprouted Wheat Flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar (or 1 cup of Date Sugar)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup Plant-Based Milk
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Optional Crumble Topping
- 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Date Sugar)
- 1/2 tsp Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds and/or Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the muffin tin with liners or spray with avocado oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend, and salt) with a spoon or whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, almond milk, avocado oil, apple sauce, vanilla) and sugar with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the crumble topping ingredients (rolled oats, whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, pumpkin, or chopped pecans). Set aside.
- In your dry ingredients bowl, form a well in the center by pushing the dry ingredients to the side of the bowl.
- Pour in the whisked wet ingredients and stir carefully by folding ingredients together with a large spoon. Just fold until the ingredients are just incorporated; try not to over mix.
- Spoon the muffin batter equally between the 12 muffins. Top with 1/2 tbsp of the crumble topping, per muffin, and slightly press down topping so it sticks to the wet batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 350F.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the muffins from the oven.
- Let the muffins sit in the muffin tin for a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. Freeze the muffins in an airtight bag or container and unthaw them when needed. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Tag @itsblume on the ‘gram to show us how your Pumpkin Spice Muffins turned out.
Looking for a way to make this on-the-go snack a little more dessert-y? These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are perfect for sharing with the kids (or not).
Finally a pumpkin spice blend with actual pumpkin! Organic pumpkin and maple combined for a warm cut of velvety goodness. Tastes like grandma's pumpkin pie and works perfectly with (or without) a shot of espresso.